Hands down, these are the best oatmeal raisin cookies I’ve ever eaten. And not just because I made them! I was genuinely surprised how good they were! I hope you enjoy them, too :)
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES Prep Time: 10 minutes | Bake Time: 15 minutes
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed (I didn’t pack it and even added less and the cookies were perfect)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I used almond, which made them fabulous!)
- 1 large egg (with half a recipe, 1 egg also works well)
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (I used whole, old-fashioned oatmeal; worked fine)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 TBS flaxseed (my addition)*
- 2 tsp cinnamon (my addition)*
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts*
1. Preheat oven to 350°F 2. In a large bowl, mix softened butter with the sugar until well mixed. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy (you can use a hand mixer for this part but I just used a woodem spoon). 3. In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, oatmeal, baking soda). 4. Add 1/2 of dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir slightly. Add the rest of the dry ingredients. Stir slightly. Add the raisins (and walnuts) and finish mixing. 5. Spoon dough onto a greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Let cool a few more minutes before eating (they fall apart otherwise).
So moist, gooey and perfectly sweet!