Okay, so realize that your first impression of this post is probably: “Gross, what in the world is Dump Cake”??
Well… if I’d told you what it was, I couldn’t say “Cherry Apple Crumble” because that would kind of be a lie. You see, “Dump Cake” is truly the official name because it literally involves dumping ingredients (and cake) into a pan. ;)
And no, this isn’t very healthy, but it IS delicious ON OCCASION and in moderation!!
Cherry and Apple Dump Cake
- 2 cans cherry pie filling (or replace one with canned pineapple … or applesauce like we did)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted (as you can see in the pictures below, I neglected to melt the butter….the cake actually tastes better when the butter IS melted though)
1. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Pour pie fillings in pan.
3. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the top
4. Pour melting butter evenly over the top.
5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until filling is bubbly and “crumb crust” is slightly brown.
6. Let cool for a few minutes and serve with icecream.