I always thought making granola with the oven method was sort of a hassle and messy. But then I found this recipe, written below. The method introduced here is so easy that I’ve put making granola back onto my “regular things to make & bake” list!!
10 Minute Granola
- 2 TBS oil
- 4 cups oats
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 TBS honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (omit if you don’t like sweet granola)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- cinnamon – however much you want :)
- (optional) nuts
- (optional) dried fruit
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.* Add oats, cook and stir until they start to brown/crisp, about 5 minutes (they’ll start to smell like popcorn). Pour onto a cookie sheet until step 3.
- Melt butter in the pan with honey, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Return oats and stir for another 5 minutes until well combined. Pour onto cookie sheet to cool. Fold in dried fruit and chopped nuts if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place. (If your house is hot like mine, store it in your fridge.)
Enjoy with chopped fresh fruit, applesauce, yogurt, milk….anyway you like! Yields 4-5 cups.
Recipe from Allrecipes: Stovetop Granola