My sister-in-law came over today with a jar of chocolate hazelnut spread, some fresh eggs and a recipe from Savory Sweet Life. After handing her a bag of all purpose flour and pecans, I gave her free reign of my kitchen while I resumed looking up my college books for this coming semester (oh, the pain of spending more than I want on textbooks!)
Because this recipe only calls for four ingredients, the preparation took no time at all. In fact, what took Cyan the longest was pouring the batter into the mini muffins paper liners. Next time I’d like to double the recipe and pour the batter into a 9×9 baking pan instead. But I guess the mini brownies are kinda cute…and they’d be a great appetizer for a party!!
While tasting these scrumptious, moist, chocolate dainties, it dawned on me that Nutella is merely a shortcut to using cocoa powder/squares and butter. I felt just a little smart for figuring this out, but also a little ashamed for not realizing this before, haha :)
Anyway, these are truly a treat. I hope you can try them sometime!
– – – – –
Four Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- ½ cup Nutella spread
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- (optional) chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Put the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about ¾ full) and sprinkle with the chopped pecans.
- Bake until a pick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely. Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Yields about 12 mini muffins. Recipe doubles easily.
Recipe from Sweet Savory LifeAdvertisements