Oven fries are so easy. And they are lots healthier than traditional fried potatoes! (Especially if you use olive oil instead of vegetable/canola oil.)
Here’s my recipe. If you’re looking for other ideas, I noticed that allrecipes.com has lots! :)
Oven Baked Fries
- 5-6 potatoes of your choice
- 3 TBS olive oil
- dashes of: salt, pepper, cayenne, italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Wash potatoes and cut out any eyes.
- Cut potatoes in wedges or cubes and place in a big bowl (with room for tossing)
- pour oil and spices over potatoes.
- Toss potatoes until evenly coated
- Pour potatoes in a cookie sheet with a lip (a jelly roll pan) or a casserole dish
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping potatoes occasionally so that all of them are cooked evenly
- Let cook 5-10 minutes before serving (potatoes may be hot!)