Cook/Prep Time: 20-30 minutes | Serves 4-5
What I used:
- 1 lbs fully cooked cocktail shrimp (Earthfare)
- 1/2 cup white onion, cut in strips (Aldi)
- 1/2 cup green/red peppers, cut in strips (Garden)
- 2 TBS olive oil (Aldi)
- pinches of dried spices: salt, pepper, cayenne, thyme, Italian seasoning
- I used what I already had: refried beans, tomatoes, banana peppers, salsa, and hot sauce. You can use whatever you want!! :)
How I made them:
- I sautéed the two veggies in olive oil in a cast iron skillet for almost 10 minutes.
- Next, I added the already fully-cooked shrimp (after thawing it in water in the sink for 15 minutes) and a dash of some dried spices. I then let the whole thing cook for another 10-15 minutes (til the shrimp was hot). By this point, the onions were translucence, the peppers were soft, and the shrimp was slightly browned.
- I set the fixin’s on the counter anyone to choose from.
They were so delicious!